What makes us a “Responsible Travel” tourism company?
Responsible tourism is not only a traveller’s issue. It is up to us to include in our policy all those things that will make a positive difference to our area. In no way we want to participate in our area’s bending in the altar of profit.
Choosing our holidays, you choose responsible holidays. As Mr Panagiotopoulos, founder and president of our company, was born and raised here, one of his biggest concerns is to secure that tourism will not affect negatively our area in ecological and socio-cultural way, and also that the locals will mostly benefit from your travel.
We care about the environment
- We avoid using paper, as nowadays we have the choice to replace it by e-material
- We recycle any amounts of paper that we finally can’t avoid to us
We are locals and we support the locals
- Our company which is the organizer and operator of these holiday packages is local-based, owners are locals and live here too
- All our guides and employees are locals. We only recruit local employees and we develop and apply training programs for them.
- We are only cooperating with local external cooperators (local accommodations, rafting company, sailing boats etc)
We offer a pure Peloponnesian experience. In our trips we are always trying to present to you the true Greek way of living:
- As we are locals, nobody knows our area better than us. We will get you to the most beautiful places that are known only to locals and this differentiates us from the big international mass-tourism companies.
- We organize holidays in many destinations in Peloponnese, giving priority to those that are pure and not tourism alienated. We want to offer to the traveller the chance to experience the true Greece.
- In holiday packages that include meals or dinners the menu includes mostly local tastes and local products.
- If we have the chance during your stay, we will get you to local festivals or celebrations so you can get closer to our culture.
- We are opposed to mass-tourism. We are specialized in small group tourism so we can firstly control and minimize the environmental impact and secondly offer you a most personal experience.
We take initiatives about the environment developing community projects.
At this time, we have developed an reforestation program for our mountains that have been hit by great fires in the summer of 2007. We, as a company, offer 1% of the total price of each holiday package for the environment, for offsetting the carbon emissions caused by this trip. This money are going to be used in the end of the season, in cooperation with the local Forestry Office, the Greek Trekking Club of Tripolis and the Tripolis Ecologist Club, for the reforestation. You can see our program in details in the section “our reforestation program”. Please inform us if you are interested in participating in our project economically or volunteer in the reforestation day in case you will be here.